1. About Me
As of January 2019, I am now a proud member of GDT. You can view their website here: https://pool.liskgdt.net/
My goal now is to enhance the Lisk ecosystem in any way I can, whether it be through creating tool, hosting meetups, or just being helpful to other users through our multiple channels. That will remain true whether I am forging or not. I appreciate you taking the time to not only read my proposal, but also considering voting for me. I truly appreciate it.
2. Lisk Projects I’ve Built
- Lisk Pending - Calculates pending payouts from all known Lisk individual and group pools your Lisk address is entered into. It also include minimum payout amounts, estimated payout dates, sharing percentage, and the source of the information. In addition, the tool also utilizes a special algorithm I created that gives an estimated amount for delegate that offer rewards without a tool to display pending totals. Throughout its history, I have made many improvements to the tool, many of these were the result of community feedback. A few of the larger updates can be seen below:
- Lisk Total Payouts - Calculates total payouts from all known Lisk individual and group pools your Lisk address has earned. It can show you how much you’ve received by each delegate/group by month, by delegate, or individual payouts by delegate. It overall a variety of options to view, such as data ranges and chart types.
- Lisk Chainalysis - Provides in-depth analysis of what happens with all the transactions on the Lisk blockchain. It displays information such as the number of active wallets, how many transactions have occurred in a given time period, or even the Top 100 Transactions To or From Exchanges. A detailed analysis of the tool can be found here: https://lisk.support/lisk-support/new-tool-lisk-chainalysis/
- Lisk RichList - Shows how the LSK tokens are distributed amongst all the Lisk wallets. A detailed analysis of the tool can be found here: https://lisk.support/lisk-support/new-tool-lisk-richlist/
- Data Field Search - Allows you to search through all of the transactions with the newly introduced data field, based on the criteria you set. You can choose the search term, addresses, and time frame. A detailed analysis of the tool can be found here: https://lisk.support/lisk-support/new-tool-data-field-search/
- Lisk.support API - Public API for Lisk.support. Currently offers API calls for Pending Amounts, Estimated Payout Dates, Delegate Payout Information, Special Addresses, and Pool Information. Other calls are currently in development. Current projects currently utilizing this API:
- Lisk Commodore 64 by Hirish - Provides Lisk information by way of a Commodore 64-like interface
- Lisker.io by Waltex - Displays Your Balance, Pending Lisk, and expected monthly voting rewards in a very neat web app
- Lisk Pending iOS App by Yu Kato - An iOS App that functions very similarly to my pending tool
- Lisk Excel - Originally designed as a Windows Application, this tool gathers all Lisk transactions based on user criteria, and then saves them in an Excel file. Additionally, you can choose to include prices from 13 different currencies.
- Vote History - Allows you to search for vote histories based on the criteria that you set. Gives both overall and detailed information based on your search parameters
- Pool Audit Suite - A suite of tools that will allow a delegate to payout voting rewards as accurately as possible. It will also correct any past payout mistake that could have been made throughout the entire history of the chain.
- Lisk Events Map - A map thats shows all Lisk related events, both past and present.
- Balance History Checker - Tool to check the balance of any Lisk address from any moment in time.
- Missed Block Alarm Lite - Lightweight, browser-based, Missed Block Alarm for Lisk Delegates.
- Lisk Timestamp Converter - Simple Lisk time converter. Convert between Lisk timestamps, Unix timestamps, and Date & time.
- Lisk Delegate Rank Charts (Now defunct) - Gave a visual of how the 101 ranked delegate positions changed over the course of a user defined timespan. Unfortunately this tool proved to be not very popular, and was thus phased out over time. The main thing I learned from this project was that just because a project can be made, it doesn’t mean it should. I should have realized before I wrote a single line of code that the need for such a project just wasn’t there. This has proven invaluable over time as I now make sure that the time I spend on projects is worthwhile to the community before I begin.
None of these projects would be in existence today if it weren’t for the help of many Lisk Community Members, particularly my friends at Lisk.support. Thank you so much for all of your help!
3. Other Lisk Contributions
- Reddit Moderator since December 2017
- Lisk.chat Moderator since September 2018
- Lisk Ambassador since September 2018
- Lisk-Cute-Assistant SMS Integration - Added the ability to use Twilio or TextMagic SMS notification services for Carbonara’s Lisk-Cute-Assistant
- Bug finding - Most of the bugs and glitches I have found involve Lisk payouts in one way or another. This is due to the knowledge of Lisk payouts through the creation of my various tools. Most of the time, when I notice a potential problem, I speak to the delegate privately. Every one of these errors has been inadvertent, and delegates have been very receptive to fixing the mistakes. Some open issues I have discovered can be found here:
- Lisk.support - Besides creating and supporting tools on Lisk.support, there are other tasks that I have been involved with in maintaining the site itself.
- Lisk USA - Currently working closely with Stellardynamic and the rest of the Lisk.support team on a website overhaul
- Answering questions and being available on both Lisk.chat & Reddit
- Meetups - I am planning to start meetups throughout the Northeastern United States, starting with my hometown of Pittsburgh Pennsylvania.
- Tools - I have a list of updates to make to my current tools, as well as a list of new tool ideas. In addition, I am very receptive to ideas and suggestions from the community. I have enough projects to keep me busy for awhile :)
- Each delegate is running its own separate node with similar specs.
- All nodes are deployed from its own unique geographic location
- Backup Nodes
- 3 Mainnet
- 1 Testnet
- Monitoring Services
- Each node has Lisk Cute Assistant installed with SMS integration enabled. If there is a problem, I will be notified automatically via Telegram and SMS.
- I also run another program on a separate server that pings each node periodically. This in turn notifies me in the event that a server running a node goes down completely.
- Additionally, I run a local instance of Missed Block Alarm Lite on a Raspberry Pi.
5. Plans for Forging Funds
- Sharing Rewards - 30% share to voters through gdtpool
- Community Fund - 10% placed into a separate address to provide various donations and funding for deserving users of the Lisk community Long-term. https://explorer.lisk.io/address/1005304990029125475L
- Maintaining Servers
7. Proposal Change Log
For added transparency, I will log all changes to this delegate proposal, and will contain dates of each change.